Thursday, October 30, 2008

One week post op


Aaron is doing pretty darn good one week post op. Sorry the photo is so dark..he was on his way out for his evening walk with Dad---guy time :). Man, those eyes make me melt!!! Most of the swelling has gone down and now we're left with icky surgical glue on his lip (the black stuff in this picture...which sorry to be gross, looks like dried boogs!). I'm anxious for his follow up appointment next week; the stitches come out and the Doc can tell us what we can expect for the rest of the healing process. His sleeping/eating schedule is totally out of wack...and Mom and Dad were really getting used to uninterrupted sleep! I talked to some other Mom's and in most cases they went through the same thing...it took a week or so before they got back on track (let's hope so). The No No's (as I predicted) are a serious PIA! I try to take them off a couple times a day to give his arms a break, but I have to be so careful. He seems a bit frustrated with them but it doesn't stop him from working on his grabbing skills. He also seems to be pretty itchy (that darn glue I'm sure)...and he's trying to rub his face on anything/anyone. And of course nothing is supposed to be touching his nose/lip for weeks....so I've got to watch him like a hawk and make sure he's not smooshing his face anywhere. Exhausting...BUT honestly I can't complain. We constantly remind ourselves how lucky we are. Even one night in the pediatric unit of Georgetown Hospital is enough to know that there are parents everywhere dealing with so so much more.



Stay tuned for Tootsie Roll pics! :)

No comments:

The Sims Family Blog

The Sims Family Blog